Coordinating and administering all traffic functions relating to freight movement in and out of our distribution center. Managing the AMI truck fleet.
Location: Texas (Hereford)
• Scheduling all inbound and outbound trucks, TL and LTL.
• Work with Purchasing Department to balance schedule on all inbound movement.
• Follow-up on all shipments inbound and outbound.
• Insure compliance with SQF policies/procedures and documentation requirements as relates to vehicle
• Audit all freight bills and pass back to accounting for processing.
• Pre-authorize all assessorial cost related to freight shipments.
• Reconcile all Pick Tickets and log into computer.
• Schedule all maintenance repairs for AMI trucks and maintain service records.
• Monitor Service Records to ascertain when service is required for truck engines.
• Procuring Truck Broker loads for AMI trucks when appropriate.
• Provide quarterly safety training for truck drivers.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Reconcile driver trip envelopes weekly and monitor driver daily logs for errors or violations.
• Truck Drivers
• Class A CDL License required
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• 2+ years related experience or equivalent tendering freight, LTL.
• Knowledge of freight rates and common carriers.
• Proficiency in multiple modes of transportation and utilization of economical and cost effective routing.
• Familiar with customer routing guides/,manuals
• Ability to understand and utilize data management systems (Prism, Dolphins, PC software, etc.).
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
• Ability to understand/interpret written instruction and procedures.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Proficient in operating semi-truck/trailer combination.
• Must be knowledgable in all DOT Rules and Regulations pertaining to AMI Driver requirements.
• Must be familiar with basic computer concepts and operations, proficient on Microsoft Office suites software.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace organizational levels.